June 01, 2009

"Citta Bella" June Magazine: We're very real! Joe Chen & Blue Lan

Translation by minivicki @ http://asianfanatics.net/
Credits to forjoe @ baidu.com 陳喬恩吧for the magazine scan



Earlier on, media were speculating on how Blue and Joe will not get along. However, this time, "Bella" magazine seen for ourselves the interactions between the two and regarding this question, we can give a different answer: Both of them are too real. Joe directly says that she has no interest in "Humans" and instead loves movie, acting and little animals; Blue however is a vegetarian, reads the buddhist scripture. The two of them have good interactions but do not bother with polite speech. They are both very sincere people. (Live report; When Joe was putting on make-up, Blue arrived later at the photoshoot place. Joe turned around and shouted "Mr Lan you're here!" Her tone was just like a auntie.)

Besides that, both of them are very professional and serious. Faced with the different actions that have higher level of difficulty (Jumping and sitting on top of each other), they were both very cooperative and strived to meet the requirement.

This year is "Bella" magazine's 25 anniversary. The two of them generously shared their story of them at 25 years old and 25 blissful things to them in life. They are all very true. Real life experences that came at the expense of sweat and tears.

To be able to sincerely and truthfully talk about "Bliss" with the two of them is really a bliss in itself.



"Myself" is the answer to blissfulness - Joe Chen

The characters that Joe act are usually a huge contrast to her real personality. In "Easy Fortune Happy Life", her female character role has another name "Grass Girl" (Meaning a girl that is a vegetarian, has a easygoing personality and is easily satisfied.) which is very different from the male lead "Carnivorous Male" (Meaning a person that is very ambitions and unscruptous when it comes to attaining his aims. Like a prey set on his food.) When talking about the drama's challenge, Joe laughed and said "Actually, I'm not a grass girl. I'm a carnivorous girl. Blue Lan is the one that's a grass male! The biggest difficulty in the drama is that actually, we're acting each other."

"I'm not..." "I am..." Joe is always able to easily answer such questions which showed how her understanding of herself is very deep and she's not a person easily influenced by the surrounding or other people's opinions. They will not blur her own understanding of life. She's just like a painting which has the basic structure out already and in each interview, the answers you get will help add colors to the painting but the structure will not change. Her firm unchanging stand is probably what independent at thirty refers to.

If Joe's current 30 year old life is put as "golden" then it is shaped by the "fire" in her 25 years old life. Joe said that that point in time was when the company forzen her and she was going nowhere in the entertainment industry. No one can be blamed but there's a hole in the heart that she does not know who will be able to fill too. At that time in point, her love relationship wans't good too. "There was once when I was feeling down, I called my boyfriend at that time and he answered 'I'm working'. I immediately said bye bye and hung up. I will always remember that moment. I didn't dare to say that actually, I wanted to see him!"
With a unsuccessful career and a devastating love life, Joe had a lonley 25. "I remember how I was alone at home during my 25 year old birthday. Right before that day pass, I quickly used the lighter as an imaginary candle and sang: Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! And I let that day passed quickly."

Joe felt that 25 years old is the time where for females, things start to diverge. What you need in life and what you don't need will start to become more clear. "In the past, I will hope that there's someone I can hold tightly and go through life with. Now, career is everything to me." Joe was very definite, as though love to her is really no longer important. When I reconfirmed with her, will that really make life more relaxing? She answered "I'm the type of girl where when my career is good, then life is good. If your career is very good, then you don't need others to give you happiness."

"I'm really not interested in humans." Although Joe can be very sunshine and cheerful, as though everyone can be her friend, but she always states that she's actually the type of person who does not like interacting with others. She said that "Humans have the habit of showing their best side only when in front of others. But I don't like to do that"
After 25 years old, when talking about "humans", she often seem like an outsider. There is a small corner in her heart which she keeps to herself. She need not talk to others but instead will watch movies, read books, play with cats, focus on acting well and enjoying the happiness she has in her own little world.

Her book "See Paris (Qiao Jian Paris)" will be out in June and when Joe talked about her trip in France, how she had to wear short sleeve clothes in the cold weather for photoshoots, she exclaimed "The sun in France is fake! The sunshine looks so beautiful but the temperature is actually freezing." Actually, isn't Joe just like France's special sunshine? -- She lights up brightly but she does not attempt to please you.

"Other people" are the gift of time - Blue Lan
Blue doesn't speak much on shows and besides when acting, he does not show much emotions. His perfect feature and body figure ratio often causes people to term him as "handsome". Otherwise, it is his status as "Da S's ex-boyfriend" that is often being brought up. But besides these, what do we have? Actually, if you inspect his drama works, you will discover that from his early "Big Hospital Small Doctor (¤jÂå°|¤pÂå®v)" to his recent "Police Et Vous", his acting has been maturing and the speed of improvement is shocking! It is as though inside him, there is a clock which you cannot hear but the hand is slowly moving. When it reaches the right spot, he will do what needs to be done.




Other people" are the gift of time - Blue Lan

Blue doesn't speak much on shows and besides when acting, he does not show much emotions. His perfect feature and body figure ratio often causes people to term him as "handsome". Otherwise, it is his status as "Da S's ex-boyfriend" that is often being brought up. But besides these, what do we have? Actually, if you inspect his drama works, you will discover that from his early "Big Hospital Small Doctor (¤jÂå°|¤pÂå®v)" to his recent "Police Et Vous", his acting has been maturing and the speed of improvement is shocking! It is as though inside him, there is a clock which you cannot hear but the hand is slowly moving. When it reaches the right spot, he will do what needs to be done.

New drama "Easy Fortune Happy Life" is a big challenge to him. Inside the drama, he acts as a "Carnivorous male" that is highly ambitious. In reality though, his life is very simple and not heavy at all. Not only does he read Buddhist scripture, and exercise regularly by cycling, he has also been a vegetarian for many years. When talking about the environment, he also started to speak alot which is very rare. "Do you know that how much more pollution you're doing when you eat one cow compared to being a vegetarian?" In order to protect the environment, he has even went to Mongolia before to join in a save the progress towards becoming a desert by planting trees movement. Blue said that he has little wants in life. Currently, other than smoking, there isn't much that he feel must be done. "If I can quit smoking, then I can probably go be a monk already!"

Blue seriously said that "I'm similar to my drama character in the sense that we both want to have control to our life. And be rich. But unlike him, I will not sacrifice other people. I hope more that everyone can work together!" His manager expressed that there was once when he was feeling down because his friend betrayed him. He poured out his problems to Blue and he replied "Never mind, you still have us!"
Although Blue is a person of few words, he is actually a very warm person that shows great care to his friends.

However, this trait that is admirable is actually something Blue only learned recently. He said that before 25, he was quite a self-centered person that does not think about others much. "When I go outside, I'll feel very proud. When filming, I just want it to be over soon so that I can go home. Now though, I find myself very insignificant. In a drama, there's still the props, lightings and other details. I'm only in charge of acting well." Now, he will help other workers put together the prop and buy drinks for everyone. Besides being a good actor, he is also part of the family of the production team.

Regarding love, Blue has also moved from being self-centered to opening up a space in his heart, giving more room to his girlfriend. "All the girlfriends I've had feels that I do not treasure them enough." For example, when playing with a group of friend, if his girlfriend wants to leave first, he will say "Then you leave!". He will not attempt to keep her or send her. The current him is more able to take care of the safety of others and treasure his girlfriend though. "Afterall, everyone are humans, brought into this life by their parents! I should treasure the females." he said smilingly.

When he was 25, he started filming in mainland and had lesser time for his family. Thinking about that year's mid-autumn festival, spending it with friends in mainland, lying on the grass and looking at the stars, he felt that at that time, he truly understood the chinese saying of "missing your love ones every festival" Now, what he finds most blissful is to have dinner with his family. Its a pure and realistic happiness. Because he is more able to care about others, his handsome face now shows traces of warmth too.

His inner clock is constantly ticking forward. Knowing to adjust himself, time will bring to him various beautiful gifts.




Joe & Blue's 25 private likes.
1. Your best childhood memory?
Adopting the wild dogs near my school so that they will not go hungry.
Going back to Yi Lan in the summer. Cycling to very far places with my cousins and then eating ice under the tree.

2. Your favourite food?
Meat! (I'm a carnivorous girl.)
Smelly Tofu

3. Trick to skin protection?
Removing my make-up thoroughly. I will usually clean 2-3 times.
Drinking more water. I drink a lot of litres everyday.

4. Favourite style of clothes?
Sweet punk style. Short skirt plus boots.
Simple, black and white.

5. Maintaining your figure?
Not eating.
Cycling twice a week and two hours each time.

6. Favourite idol?
Maggie Cheung
Brad Pitt

7. Age when you had your first love?
19 years old. At that time, I was thinking: Its so great to have this person beside me.
15 years old. At that time, the happiest thing was sending her home on the bike. Its very funny.

8 First job?
Making coffee in a coffee restaurant. I spulged on a big meal when I received my first pay.
Waiter at a coffee restaurant. When I got my first salary, I used it to pay my school fees.

9. Type of boy/girl that you like?
Clean, quiet, polite
Big eyes, because that makes her look purer.

10. Favourite music?
Chinese pop music, Lisa Ono
Movie Soundtracks.

11. Most important person in your life?
(Ah! I was stumped by this question.) Should be "myself"
My parents.

12. Your good point?
Strong enough!
Very innocent.

13. Your most enjoyable time of the day?
When I wrap up and return home.
The time after my afternoon nap.

14. Favourite entertainment?
Watching movie.
Playing pool.

15. Which part of yourself do like admire most?
My body figure ratio.
My nose.

16. What you want to do most in the future?
Still acting.
Behind-the-scene production.

17. Your favourite corner at home?
The cats' room.
Bathroom.

18. The bravest thing you've done before?
Skyjump.
Nude swim.

19. The song you like to singmost at KTV?
Zhang Xuan's Bao Bei
Jay Chou - The Cow is Busy (And with dancing!)

20. Your favourite book?
There's many. Most recently is "¹T±ù¹Ø¥qªºªF¨Ê¤H©d¤é°O". Its very funny!
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

21. The sweetest thing your boy/girlfriend has done for you:
Giving me detergent. (Because I'm a life-idiot. I won't know when I've finished using it.)
Alot alot...

22. Favourite country:
Heaven.
Taiwan.

23. Favourite type of friend:
Simple, no motives. Abit like grandma personality.
Sincere and eyes must look innocent.

24. Praise that you like to hear the most:
Your acting is very good!
Your acting is very good!

25. Type of character you want to try?
All! As long as its not repeating the current ones.
Gang leader.


OMG! I MUST GET A COPY OF THIS MAGAZINEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment