November 09, 2008

Lost in the World

From Zazzle


I'm feeling lost in this world. I've lost my sense of direction and I think many people feel this way in their first year of college. In elementary school, everyday was just do the homework, play, study, and watch TV. I didn't really think about the future much; it was just a matter of doing well in school so I could go to the next grade. Then comes junior high school where things got a little tough. It was the first time I flunked a test. Yepp! It was pretty dishearting looking at that test paper. Hehehe! So junior high school was just a waiting period to go to high school. Now this is where things got nastier. Staying up till 12 completely projects became a ritual. Back in elementary and junior high, the latest I probably stayed up to was 10:00 pm.


Yea...anyway, high school was where thoughts about future paths was on my mind everyday. What the heck am I going to do with the rest of my life? There's no more definite path to take after high school. Some people choose to go to college; some decide to join the army or navy; others immediately join the workforce with only a high school dipolma. I chose the college path but this college path branches out into even more paths. Right now, I feel like I'm at a cross section. There's just so many paths; I don't know which one to go to. I'm afraid of making the wrong choice. That's the real fear. The wrong choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment